Product website: www.hilscher.com/products/product-groups/industria...
PROFINET network connection to cloud or IoT systems
- Effortless integration into the PROFINET network as standard field device
- Fast modelling of the data flow between field and application with Thing Editor
- Direct OPC UA / MQTT communication to IoT-capable PROFINET devices parallel to the PLC
- Trusted platform due to secure boot and encrypted SSL/TLS communications
- Powerful platform for embedded cloud computing as add-on
- Wireless access node for IoT field device configuration over apps
netIOT Edge devices securely connect automation networks with a cloud or any IoT directed application. As field devices they are performing cyclic I/O data exchange with the PLC and communicate furthermore with IoT-capable field devices directly at the same time. These exchanged key field data build the basis for intelligent higher-level applications of cyber-physical systems and M2M solutions.
The devices are designed for continuous operations in environments with permanent intranet or internet connection. Security mechanisms such as physical separation of the automation and IT network, a secure operating system, the execution of signed firmware and packets only are securing the data integrity and encryption techniques of the latest standards protecting against data theft.
The gateways base function builds a web-based Thing Wiring Editor. It serves to model the data flow in the devices. Data apps and data profiles are created in minutes with predefined function blocks. OPC UA and MQTT functions address objects in IoT field devices or in the cloud over standardized IoT protocols. With software package of netIOT sevice the base function can be advanced by further applications or communication profiles to specific clouds.